Department of Science, Wroclaw Research Centre EIT+ offers a Foundation for Polish Science-funded, PhD student position for a closed period of 36 months available as part of a project: “ New efficient deep-UV emitters for Life Science Applications.”
This Team-Tech is aiming to develop the technology of new efficient UV emitters for Life Science Applications (UVforLSA) which can be commercialized together with the industry partner (Philips-Poland) and/or via a start-up created within EiT+. This goal contains a lot of challenges including: n- and p-type doping of high Al content AlGaN, high quality AlGaN templates/substrates, the proper AlGaN quantum well (QW) active region which should be optimally designed for a given wavelength, extraction of UV light from the active region, and many technological issues associated with the growth of high quality AlGaN QWs.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Planning and carrying out processing of semiconductor materials characterization in the cleanroom laboratories under supervision of Principal investigator.
2. Scientific initiative, regular reporting and publishing results.
3. Contribution to the efficient functioning of the Laboratory of Nanotechnology of Semiconductor Structures.
Project leader: Prof. Detlef Hommel/ Prof. Robert Kudrawiec
Master degree in physics, optics or electronics (or similar).
Experience and interest in semiconductor technology.
Ambitious, motivated for scientific development.
Good English language skills (written and oral) as required for scientific environment.
Experience in CR environment laboratory work.
Experience in semiconductor processing.
Experience in optical, and electrical characterization.
Experience in working in a team.
1.Opportunity to contribute to the exciting and rapidly developing research in new UV light sources.
2.Excellent opportunity to extend and enrich personal scientific career track and acquiring new skills.
3.Participation in scientific conferences and meetings.
4. Remuneration month: 6650 PLN /gross.
1. CV (in English) documenting achievements, scientific degrees, publications, technical skills, research stays and other relevant experience.
2. Document confirming the scientific degree.
3. Cover letter (in English) documenting motivation and the most important scientific achievement of the candidate.
4. Details of at least one individuals willing to provide references for the candidate.
To apply please send application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please insert PHD/TT/LNP in the subject line of the message.
Application deadline: 3.09.2017
The application documents should include the following clause:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process carried out presently or in the future by the company Wrocławskie Centrum Badań EIT+ Sp. z o. o., ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland (pursuant to the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws of 2002, No. 101, item 926, as amended). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same. I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”
Please also note that we will contact only selected candidates.
Autor: bbocian, Opublikowano: 08.08.2017